Carrot Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Recipe and photo by Jo Seagar
from the Seagars' New Zealand website
- 125 g butter, melted ( U.S. measure=4 oz or 1/2 cup)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250g cups grated carrot (U.S. measure= 8 oz or 1 cup)
- ½ cup sultanas (Sultanas= Seedless white raisins)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 50 g butter, softened (U.S. measure=bit less than 2 oz)
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 125 g cream cheese, softened (U.S. measure= 4 oz or 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C. (U.S. 355 F) Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
Beat the butter, sugar and eggs together. Mix in other ingredients. Divide mixture into the cupcake liners. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes. Cool in the tin until completely cold. Frost with Peanut Butter Frosting.
For the frosting –
Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients until smoothly combined. Spread on cold cupcakes.